Books for a relative Perl newbie

Mark Harrigan mharrigan at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Sep 4 23:19:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 06:36, Sean O'Riordain wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I'd recommend working through "Learning Perl"... before jumping in
> deeper... although it looks light... in my opinion, its a very good
> introduction and it goes through to using CGI...

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
I've bought Learning Perl, which is a newer edition than the one I
looked at last time, and was reading through it today in my free time.
It's very nice to read and seems to cover all the basics that I'll need.

I reckon I'll get Programming Perl when I'm done with this. I've also
nabbed a copy of Sed and Awk from gnutella. I can't read big books
on-line but it might be nice to have further reference material on
regular expressions as Andrew suggested.

Hopefully I should soon be annoying you all with stupid questions. ;)
Oh and thanks again.
--
Mark Harrigan