Books for a relative Perl newbie

Andrew Wilson andrew at rivendale.net
Wed Sep 4 05:03:09 CDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:54:03AM +0100, Russell Matbouli wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:43:21AM +0100, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > Indeed, the camel is *the* acknowledged reference on perl, you won't go
> > far wrong with it.

Here's one I forgot to recommend earlier.  Regular expressions are
a reasonably important part of perl, I learned them from 'sed & awk' 2nd
edition, which is published by O'Reilly.  sed and awk are both insanely
hard to use compared to perl, but the coverage of regular expressions in
this book was really useful to me.  Just be careful it doesn't put you
off perl :-)

andrew
--
Libra: (Sept. 23 - Oct. 23)
It's all over but the shouting, but don't worry: It's going to be