SpamAssassin

Duggie duggie at blackstar.co.uk
Thu May 30 05:18:08 CDT 2002

On (30/05/02 10:34), Andrew Wilson wrote:
> Hi
>
> How many of you are using SpamAssassin?
>
> Have any of you noticed it throwing away mail?
>
> Is this throwing away mail thing only affecting me, or is it just I'm
> the only one who cares about it?
>
> andrew
> --
> Leo: (July 23 - Aug. 22)
> Remember, it's perfectly normal for your body to go through some changes
> while you are in the phase known as 'post - mortem deliquescence.'
> (c) Copyright 2002 by Onion, Inc. All rights reserved.

Hi Andrew

I'm using SpamAssassin. You speak of 'throwing away mail'. In dealing
with spam (or mail which looks like spam) SpamAssassin can rewrite the
message (to include a summary of it's spam scoring) and then save it in
a separate folder. That's how I'm using it. Are you storing your spam
messages or are you always throwing them away? I wouldn't recommend
throwing them away, at least not until you're certain it is only
flagging spam messages. I find it good to monitor them in case I would
encounter a false-positive.

Thanks

Duggie