proposal (Respond Urgently)

Andrew Gallagher ab.gallagher at qub.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 06:32:15 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:29:04AM +0100, Peter McEvoy wrote:

> It's hard to believe that there's people have actually fell for this kind of
> thing, i'd like to meet some of those people, i've a nice bridge i'd like to
> sell em 8^)

What was it Barnum said? There's a sucker born every minute...?

Every week in the Portadown Times (not the Portadown News!) it seems
there's a column headed 'Bogus Callers' -- I'm sure it's the same in
every local rag. It amazes me that they have to repeat essentially the
same story time and time again because old grannies let the man in to
read the meter without checking who he is. *sigh*

--
| Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com>       | web.andrewg.com |
| Computer Support Asst., Dept. of Applied Maths and Theoretical |