[Poop-group] Class::DBI 0.32

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Sep 12 02:38:31 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 07:37:44PM +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:
> As this relationship is only set up on relationships where the
> foreign table stores this table's primary key in one of its
> columns, this should be perfectly safe, and should not have any
> unwanted effects. (In fact the absence of this feature may lead
> to orphaned rows in the foreign tables).

(Thinking this through)

Ok, so that's a one-to-many relationship.  Ummm, I'm trying to think
of a good example... one person, many email addresses.  If the person
goes away, their email addresses should, but not vice-versa.  Right.

And a many-to-many relationship would have to be modeled with a link
table, so that's not a problem.

I think that'll work.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <schwern at pobox.com>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/