Christmas Dinner... (again)

Marty Pauley perl.belfast at kasei.com
Thu Nov 29 07:28:44 CST 2001

On Wed Nov 28 12:34:14 2001, Karen Pauley wrote:
> Is there anyone else out there who would like to go to the Ginger Tree
> on Monday 10th Dec?
>
> The price for Christmas Dinner at the Ginger Tree is 19.95 per person -
> 60p extra for fried rice.  It is a five course meal.  I do have a copy
> of the menu if anyone is really keen to know what food they are serving.

FYI, Christmas menu at the Ginger Tree:

1. tsukedashi: appetiser.

2. kake soba: buckwheat noodles in dashi with scallions and seaweed.

3. Choose a starter from:
  a. tempura: deep fried prawns and vegetables in a light batter.
  b. yakitori: grilled skewer of chicken and onion.
  c. tatsutaage: marinated breast of chicken deep fried in batter.
  d. ebi fri: deep fried prawns in breadcrumbs with vegetable fruity sauce.
  e. kabayaki: grilled eel with kabayaki sauce.
  f. zaru soba: cold buckwheat noodles with wasabi and dipping sauce.
  g. haru maki: spring rolls.
  h. sushi (ebi no nigiri): prawn nigiri with pickled ginger.
  i. gyoza: minced beef and veg in filo pastry with a dipping sauce.

4. Choose from main course:
  a. beef teriyaki: thin slices of beef on sizzling dish with vegetables
                    and teriyaki sauce.
  b. buta yakinikufu:
  c. chicken teriyaki: $a =~ s/beef/chicken/g;
  d. tori karaage: pieces of chicken in sweet and sour sauce
  e. tempura: more deep fried prawns and vegetables in a light batter.
  f. una jyu: grilled eel on rice, traditional style.
  g. katsu don:
  h. tempura udon or soba: noodles (either udon or soba) with tempura on
  top.
  i. kare: curry, with pork or chicken or prawn katsu
  j. katsu yaki soba: ton katsu with egg noodles and tonkatsu sauce.
  k. gyu don: sliced beef and Chinese cabbage cooked with beaten egg,
  oriental noodles over a large bowl of boiled rice.

5. More stuff.

--
Marty