IPC?

barry bazza at bazza.com
Sat Nov 17 20:43:30 CST 2001

okay, been playing around with Net::ICQ2000 today, playing around with
something that'll let me gateway between email and sms (and vice versa) I have
the process able to send sms etc, and get messages back via sms or icq,
however to get mail coming into it, I need it to be able to get data from
another process, I was ponding using a named pipe to just shove the stuff into
from elsewhere, but then there's the problem of a while(1) to keep the icq
client doing stuff, and having to read from something else too, should I be
using select()? or is there some other fun way of making two things talk I
should be trying to look into?

if this doesn't make much sense, ignore it and I'll poke around elsewhere

--
-Barry Hughes
"World domination.  Fast"