What happened at tonight's meeting

Russell Matbouli russell-belfast-pm at futureless.org
Mon Nov 12 19:32:00 CST 2001

The situation was not ideal as the computer there was WIP as opposed to
WIMP. Luckily, Barry brought a laptop, which we plugged in everything
seemed fine again. Andrew faffed around with Emacs *spit* for ages while
Karen tried to fill in. After a while Andrew did the right thing (C-X,
C-C) and just talked instead. We learned of his "port" of a Python app
for tagging email. He is going to put it on CPAN for all to see.

Tony then talked on Class::DBI, the slides of which are available at
http://www.class-dbi.com/slides
He said some controversial things which may never be repeated (until he
talks about Class::DBI next time).  Tony told us about what Class::DBI
can do, and told us about helper modules. He introduced TT to some people
too. We all went away and ported all our applications to use Class::DBI.

Paul mentioned a tool he has for swapping between use warnings and -w at
install time, which some people got very interested in.

Barry showed us his Mail::Audit script and pondered about rejecting
messages, but no-one seemed to know why it wasn't working for him.

That's all I can remember.

Russell
--
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.
                -- Pablo Picasso