[bcn-pm] Fwd: New Perl Projects

Alba dawnmusik a gmail.com
dim set 16 15:37:20 PDT 2008

>Lyle Hopkins of the Bristol and Bath perl mongers has started some new
projects and
>asked that they be announced.

The projects are:
       Perl Certified Hosting
       Free Perl Course Project
       Perl Donation (from everybody)
       Perl Certification

Perl Certified Hosting

The idea for this project was put forth by Amias of Bristol & Bath Perl
Mongers. We are creating a Perl Certified Hosting scheme that will be open
for all hosting companies to join. Requirements will include a set list of
web related Perl Modules and proper webserver configuration. Please visit
the site for more details and to get involved with helping this scheme
become a reality.

       http://www.perlcertifiedhosting.com

Free Perl Course Project

The idea in this project is that every Perl programmer teach at least one
other person to code. Be that a family member, friend, work colleague,
employee, friend of a friend, or even friend of an employee. Following the
success of the Free Perl Course offered by Bristol & Bath Perl Mongers this
project has been started to encourage other Perl groups and programmers to
do the same.

       http://www.perlproject.org

Perl Donation (from everybody)

This scheme has been started with the aim to give the Perl 6 development
budget a big boost. Please take the time to make your small donation. The
aim is that we all make a small donation so that it amounts to a lot.

       http://www.perldonate.com

Perl Certification

I've been starting a Perl Certification list, this time not for debate, but
for actually starting a certification scheme. I know this can be a very
touchy subject, but we'd like to put together a working solution that people
can evaluate.

       http://www.perlcert.com