[Banking-pm] Ladybird book of Risk?

alex at owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 06:01:04 PST 2006

> Depends what area you are looking at but, I don't think you could
>  go wrong with any of these:
>

>  Equity Derivs: Nassim Taleb 'Dynamic Hedgign' is fairly light but quite
>  good.

Hmmm "fairly light" is what I need :-)
I have only recently heard of Taleb because he does training with Paul
Wilmott.

>  Bonds: 'The Treasure Bond Basis', forget the author! Its on Amazon.

http://www.usastores.com/Consensus/26-48/c637.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Treasury-Bond-Basis-Speculators-Arbitrageurs/dp/1557384797

Hmmm - my problem is that I need to understand the Risk on *EVERYTHING*.
Limiting myself to just Treasury is not an option. Obviously I might
benefit from understanding Treasury - but that is just one desk amng many
for me :-(

>  Interest Rates: 'Swaps and Other Derivatives' , Richard Flavell.

http://www.amazon.com/Swaps-Other-Derivatives-CD-ROM-Finance/dp/0471495891/sr=11-1/qid=1165325831/ref=sr_11_1/103-5291245-0981423

Hmmm - I dont actually need to know how to price anything - or calculate
risk sensitivities - but I do need to know what they are...

>  (Google, Uri Ron , Bank of Canada has some good on-line papers for
>  bootstrapping curves) e.g.
>  ' A Practical Guide to Swap Curve Construction. '

 Thanks!

Any more suggestions? The lighter the better :-)

Alex