[Bangalore-pm] Congratulations!

Ya'akov Sloman yaakov at perlfoundation.org
Sun Jun 23 03:09:20 PDT 2013

Namaste, Bangalore Mongers!

I want to congratulate you one what looks to have been a very successful first-reboot-meetup!  The reports I am hearing are great.  You clearly have a great deal of energy, and it is being directed well.  This is the path to sustainability.  By the time YAPC::India is held, you will be experts, as a community, in event organizing.

The use of streaming and teleconferencing is really wonderful.  It extends your reach technologically.  I see that you've made an agenda for the next meeting, might I suggest someone be in charge of telepresence and formally ensure that streaming and/or interactive connections are available?  This will include people who can't travel and maybe even some international presence (expats, mentors, supporters from America and Europe, etc.)

I am very pleased and impressed by this start, but not surprised.  I am a very strong believer in the potential of Perl in India, and will continue to be an active supporter.  TPF is forming a Perl in India Initiative to organize our assistance.  We will find ways to foster the growth of the community from an organizational perspective.

You are doing very well, and I look forward to the rise of Perl in India for the benefit of the world-wide Perl community.

Please don't hesitate to contact me, or Upasana who is the Indian representative of my committee (Community Advocacy) with questions you might have.

Keep up the excellent work, let's show them what India can do!

Ya'akov