[baltimorepm] Perl Programmer Needed
wallisds at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 06:05:30 PST 2013
There is an individual seeking to hire someone to work on an existing term
(temporary/part-time) project.. that's about 70% complete. Working remotely
He says "I set out to make a web application that supports two types of
users, one that can upload documents and another that can go on and
search/browse those uploads...Those that are searching would be able to
follow certain uploaders, rate uploads, favorite, and search and
subsequently narrow results based on a number of criteria."
The qualification part is below. If you're interested you can contact him
directly. Dan Souse: dsause at gmail.com
Candidates should be familiar with:
Specific Perl packages that any realistic candidate should have include:
* Catalyst -- A popular Web application framework
* DBIx::Class -- An advanced object-relational mapping system
* ElasticSearch -- A feature-rich metadata/search/analytics system
* Amazon Web Services
* EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) for scalable deployment
* S3 (Simple Storage Service) for distributable file storage
* Familiarity with SQS (Simple Queue Service) is a nice-to-have
* MySQL -- A popular relational database system explicitly supported on
For the front-end/user interface parts of development, candidates should
* Standard Web technologies like HTML and CSS
* jQuery -- Rapid client-side development framework.
* jQueryUI -- Visual widgets and plugins for jQuery+CSS
* Boostrap -- a nice-to-have rapid site prototyping system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Baltimore-pm