[baltimorepm] Seeking advice for using Perl with NoSQL

Joe Tseng joe_tseng at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:48:24 PDT 2013

I am currently exploring integrating a NoSQL data store with my Perl scripts and I'm not entirely sure where to go.  All I know right now is that the data I need to handle comes in all different forms and values, and a traditional RDBMS would be a total kludge to use.
I initially considered using MongoDB, but I've read it has data integrity issues under certain conditions.  Recently I've looked at Cassandra, but the documentation is sparse, there seems to be very little support for making it work more easily with Perl, and I was unable to get any samples that were provided to work with my test instance.
Has anyone had any luck with using Cassandra?  Are my fears re: Mongo overblown?  Is anyone happy with using something else?
thx,
 - Joe

If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet.  -- Jen Barber