[baltimorepm] September Meeting, this Thursday!

Brad Lhotsky brad.lhotsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:36:47 PDT 2011

Alright folks, it's time to start getting excited!  Thursday is the
monthly meeting! :)

I'll be doing a modified version of my "Escaping the Echo Chamber"
talk, which is about however many minutes it takes me to get through,
varying depending on caffeine levels.  I'd like to either have another
20-50 minute talk, OR a SLEW of wonderful community contributions in
the form of Lightning Talks.

-OR-

Would there be any interest in a workshop style presentation?  The
kind of thing where I say: "Bring your laptops with Perl 5.12+
installed with Module::X::Where::X::Is::Any::Module::We::Want::To::Cover
installed.  We'll be creating a webpage that gives you a pony."  ???

If so, someone throw out some ideas and I'll make the poor decision of
leading a workshop to that extent if no one else is more impaired than
me.

Also, remember, there will be free pizza and soda.  If you volunteer
for a Lightning Talk or full length Talk I'll buy you a Dogfish Head
Punkin' Ale.  This is really good beer people, you can even down it
prior to your presentation to make things more interesting*.

Also, come to the meeting, especially if you've never been to a
meeting.. we want to meet you. :)

--
Brad Lhotsky

*Please drink responsibly.