[baltimorepm] [dcpm] Special meeting to discuss DC/Baltimore Perl Workshop

Joe Hourcle oneiros at annoying.org
Tue Jul 5 09:56:25 PDT 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 10:50 AM, John SJ Anderson wrote:

> At YAPC, several of us had a chance to put our heads together and
> discuss our two Perl Mongers groups working together to put on a Perl
> Workshop at some point. Everybody in attendance thought this was a
> pretty good idea, and that the next step was to try to have a
> (hopefully!) larger gathering of interested parties to try to figure
> out how we could make this happen.
>
> Suggested location, as a place mostly midway in between our two metro
> areas, is the Victoria Gastropub:
>
>  <http://www.victoriagastropub.com/>
>  <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=victoria+gastropub&ll=39.210742,-76.800292&spn=0.00966,0.018003&z=16&iwloc=A>
>
> Suggested time is some upcoming weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday
> afternoon/evening). I've set up a Doodle poll; if interested parties
> could indicate their availability over the next couple weekends, we'll
> find the best consensus time and go from there.
>
>  <http://www.doodle.com/c73fe9pk3mrru49b>

For anyone taking the poll -- be aware that it's sorted by day, but
not by time within each day, so make sure to read the headings.

And ... anyone have any connections at any of the community
colleges?  Some of 'em have some pretty nice facilities, and they
might be interested in hosting, as it'd give them some publicity.

(I know one of the former trustees for PGCC, but then it'd be more
DC-biased ... I think it'd be better to find something more central;
I also might be able to rustle up some connections at UMBC,
but then we're biased in the other direction)

-Joe