[baltimorepm] Special meeting to discuss DC/Baltimore Perl Workshop

John SJ Anderson genehack at genehack.org
Tue Jul 5 07:50:30 PDT 2011

At YAPC, several of us had a chance to put our heads together and
discuss our two Perl Mongers groups working together to put on a Perl
Workshop at some point. Everybody in attendance thought this was a
pretty good idea, and that the next step was to try to have a
(hopefully!) larger gathering of interested parties to try to figure
out how we could make this happen.

Suggested location, as a place mostly midway in between our two metro
areas, is the Victoria Gastropub:

  <http://www.victoriagastropub.com/>
  <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=victoria+gastropub&ll=39.210742,-76.800292&spn=0.00966,0.018003&z=16&iwloc=A>

Suggested time is some upcoming weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday
afternoon/evening). I've set up a Doodle poll; if interested parties
could indicate their availability over the next couple weekends, we'll
find the best consensus time and go from there.

  <http://www.doodle.com/c73fe9pk3mrru49b>

I suspect one of the first things we're going to want to do is set up
a dedicated mailing list (and probably wiki) for discussion purposes,
but for the moment, please remember to cross-post responses to both
mailing lists.

thanks,
john.