Larry Wall's Perl 6 Talk

David Waldo waldo at cos.com
Mon Nov 6 09:39:47 CST 2000

All -

Got this message from www.perl.com, and thought
it would be of interest to the group:

The complete transcript of Larry's ALS talk is finally available.
This is the talk he gave a couple of weeks ago in Atlanta to explain
the direction of Perl 6.  Unfortunately the language design was not
finished as he had hoped, because he was still reading through the 360
proposals that had been generated, but the talk was still interesting.

A summary of the key points, and links to the entire transcript, to
Larry's slides, and to the MP3 of the talk, are all available at
http://dev.perl.org/~ask/als/

* New on www.perl.com

In related news, the big new thing on www.perl.com is a long article
I wrote about the Perl 6 RFC and discussion process.  I was not happy
with the way things went, and I earnestly hope that if the Perl
community ever does something like this again, we can do better.  Well,
I don't want to spoil the surprise.  You can read the whole thing at

http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/11/perl6rfc.html