Perl Meeting

Rob Manning r_m_manning at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 06:33:49 CDT 2000

The Baltimore Perl Mongers next meeting is on
Sept. 5 (Next Tuesday) @ 7:00p.m. at the Community
of Science Office building in Fells Point.  For
directions see http://www.cos.com/contact/directions.shtml

This month's meeting will start with a brief intro
to Perl/Tk - a widget set for building graphical interfaces using standard
Perl modules.  I'll cover a simple application I cooked up almost entirely
for this
meeting, so to all of you Perl GUI veterans - take it easy on me!

Denise (our gracious O'Reilly contact) has shipped us three
just-in-the-stores books that I'll bring to raffle off.  I'll also have
homemade cookies on hand (I've passed your requests along to the Mrs., so
this time we'll try Oatmeal and Peanut-Butter instead of Chocolate-Chip
cookies).  As always, our benefactor and host Community of Science will
provide soda.

So come and join us.  If it's your first time we'd love to meet you!

I'm also looking for a speaker for next month's meeting!
Please send me email if you're interested.

Rob

Rob Manning                  r_m_manning at hotmail.com
Principal Analyst            Work (410) 396-4963
TeleCommunication Systems    FAX  (410) 396-4236