Perl Mongers

Manning, Rob Rob_Manning at mail.ci.baltimore.md.us
Thu Jul 15 15:34:44 CDT 1999

All,
	For those of us who weren't able to attend last night's meeting,
it was
by all accounts a success.  There were 12 people in attendance and the
experience
level ranged from not having used Perl at all - but interested in
learning - to several
years of experience - and still interested in learning.  We decided that
the group
should meet on the first Tuesday of the month and that the meeting place
will continue
to be "The Daily Grind", from 7:00 - 9:00p.m.  After informal
introductions the technical
aspects of Perl that were discussed last night ranged from Perl as an
alternative to
other web-scripting languages (such as VBScript, PHP, ASP..) to using
Perl on the
Win32 platform for automating system administration as well as the
interaction between
Perl and the OS be it Unix or win32.
	I've updated the mailing list so that those who were at last
night's meeting
and on the list now are.

Rob

Rob Manning                                     manningr at tcsnet.net
Senior Systems Analyst                      Work (410) 396-3922
TeleCommunication Systems               Fax  (410) 837-0546