APM: OSCON Starts Today! Free Access to All Perl Activities!!

William N. Braswell, Jr. william.braswell at autoparallel.com
Mon May 16 04:54:03 PDT 2016

Howdy Mongers,
O'Reilly OSCON (originally "The Perl Conference") is starting in
Austin today!
OSCON is located downtown at the Austin Convention Center, and we have
secured free access passes for all Austin Perl Mongers to attend all
OSCON Perl events.
THINGS WE STILL NEED FOR THE AUSTIN PERL MONGERS BOOTH: 2 large
flat-screen computer monitors, if you have one please text me ASAP
512.563.7984, thanks!
If you would like to attend in general, you will need to register for
a free "Expo Hall Plus Pass" using the code "OSCON16XPO" here:
https://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/register
If you would like to attend Jeff Goff's tutorial, you will need to go
in person to the OSCON registration desk and tell them Mike has
reserved Austin Perl Mongers some one-time passes for Jeff Goff's
event.
If you would like to attend Saint Larry's keynote, you will need to
see me at the Austin Perl Mongers booth to get a one-time pass.

SUNDAY EVENING:
Opening Dinner at Salt Lick (already done, see attached photo)

MONDAY:
9:00am, Introducing Perl 6 by Jeff Goff (AKA Dr. Forr), Meeting Room
18AB
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/schedule/detail/48628
7:00pm, Perl Birds of a Feather, Convention Center Room 9ABC  This
will be the primary "open Perl meeting" for the entire convention, ALL
PERL MONGERS ARE REQUESTED TO ATTEND!
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/schedule/detail/50354

TUESDAY:
5:00pm, The Perl Foundation & Austin Perl Mongers Booth Opening
Reception, Expo Hall (Exhibit Hall 4) Non-Profit Area 631  This will
be the official opening of the 2 side-by-side Perl booths, drinks will
be served.
http://www.expocad.com/host/fx/oreilly/16txosc/default.html

WEDNESDAY:
11:00am, Larry Wall Keynote Talk, Perl 6 Believe It Or Not, Ballroom A
 DO NOT MISS SAINT LARRY'S TALK!!!
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/schedule/detail/49373
12:00pm, Perl Booths Open To Public, Expo Hall (Exhibit Hall 4)
Non-Profit Area 631
5:50pm, Perl Booth Crawl, Expo Hall (Exhibit Hall 4) Non-Profit Area
631  Come mix-and-mingle at the Perl booths. FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/schedule/detail/50357
7:30pm, Perl Vegetarian Dinner, Location TBA  After the Booth Crawl we
will enjoy the opposite of BBQ, tasty local vegetarian cuisine! Ask
Will for location.

THURSDAY:
9:00am, Perl Booths Open To Public, Expo Hall (Exhibit Hall 4)
Non-Profit Area 631
5:00pm, All Booths Close, Convention Is Over!

Don't hesitate to call or text me if you have any questions!
Perling,~ Will the Chill, Austin.pm Prez
cell 512.563.7984