APM: Meeting Minutes, Mascot, New Catalyst Website

William N. Braswell, Jr. william.braswell at autoparallel.com
Tue Jun 10 20:33:20 PDT 2014

Howdy Mongers,
We had a very productive meeting tonight, thanks to Joe Axford
stepping forth as our new Catalyst website re-design team leader, to
be assisted by a number of us helpful Austin Perl Mongers.  We will
use (of course) Linux / Perl on the back-end, Catalyst /
Template::Toolkit as the middle-ware, and Foundation / JQuery /
Javascript on the front-end, for a fully-featured modern and
responsive website.  WOWZA!
Our straw-man general plan is available on our handy-dandy Trello
to-do list:
https://trello.com/b/fyNhcgzd/austin-pm-website
We have debated for months and tonight we finally voted upon an
official Austin Perl Mongers mascot...

THE BARTON SPRINGS SALAMANDER!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton_Springs_salamander
We want to anthropomorphize the animal like our sponsor HostGator's
"Snappy the Gator" mascot.  We've had several possible ideas including
a hipster or hippie salamander, all the way through a "proper british
salamander with a top-hat, monocle, and cane with a big pearl on top".
 So we'll let the artists create some prototypes and see what we come
up with?  "Sir Barton P. MacSalamander the Third, Of Austin Springs,
at your service my good lady"
We also got some radical new Perl t-shirts thanks to HostGator and our
main man X!  Hey X, can you please send out some photos of the new
shirts?
AAAAAND last but not least, we've decided to debate and eventually
choose an official Austin.pm FLAGSHIP SOFTWARE PROJECT to be hosted on
CPAN.  We have no idea what this might be, and we're pretty much open
to anything that will have a real positive impact on the Perl
community.  It could be an important upgrade to an existing CPAN
distribution, or it could be a totally new CPAN project that we come
up with from scratch.  Let's all pitch in and make a difference, let's
put Austin.pm on the maps!
So, who has ideas for projects, website, graphics, etc?
Perling,~ Will the Chill, Austin.pm Prez

William Norman Braswell, Jr.
 CEO & President; Auto-Parallel Technologies, Inc.
 william.braswell at autoparallel.com
 512.563.7984
 This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.