APM: Meeting This Tuesday, June 10th, 6:30pm

Axford, Joe Jaxford at nextgen.com
Sun Jun 8 06:01:15 PDT 2014

Mongers,

I don’t have any specific suggestions nor anything to present for our meeting on Tuesday, but I will bore you now with my current thoughts. I don’t care much for bars unless there is a band I am interested in playing, so I enjoy our hostgator meetings if only for getting out of the house for some za and seeing familiar faces from the Perl Community. I have thought about whether or not to volunteer to rewrite austin.pm with Catalyst and I think I would like to. I haven’t done anything with Catalyst in over a year, the last thing I did was write some tutorials:

http://blogs.perl.org/mt/mt-search.fcgi?limit=20&search=j0e

My girlfriends teenage nephew is a photoshop junky who has dabbled with Python. This kid will stand in front of me and talk non-stop technology without taking a breath, kind of reminds me of Matt Trout except his breath doesn’t stink from a hangover. Anyway, I’ve been waiting to be asked back over for dinner so that I might invite him and his dad to come to a Mongers meeting if he might be interested in learning a little Perl and help with austin.pm.

It’s crazy thinking but there you go. If nothing else, maybe we can talk on Tuesday about what if anything we want to do together.

j0e

[cid:austinn111114fa06]

Joe Axford
Software Engineer - Clinicals Maintenance
NEXTGEN HEALTHCARE
Solutions for: Ambulatory, Inpatient and Community Connectivity
12301-B Riata Trace Pkwy., Suite 200, Austin, TX 78727
(512) 904-4769 x64769 [o]

jaxford at nextgen.com