APM: Question about learning Perl

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Fri Dec 6 12:06:40 PST 2013

As far as books go, I'd recommend "Modern Perl" by chromatic  (
http://www.onyxneon.com/books/modern_perl/index.html) and "Beginning Perl"
by Curtis Poe (
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118013840.html)  There
are also lots of resources at http://learn.perl.org/

For things to avoid ... mostly I'd say stay away from websites that don't
end in perl.org or perl.com as often they have out of date or just wrong
information.

just my humble opinion,

-Scott