APM: Monthly Meeting Reale again?

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at prismnet.com
Wed Sep 26 15:08:44 PDT 2012

You know how after a few days of total confusion you finally get the
boss to say "Yeah, okay, that's what we should do" and ask "So how
long will it take for you to do it?"  And in relief that he finally
"gets it" you blurt out "oh, two weeks".

And then you realize the implications of "boss time" and that it's
late Wednesday... The boss is thinking there's the *whole* *rest* of
this week, and then a *new* week next week, and so you really mean
sometime around the Wednesday/Thursday following.  Two weeks really
means one week in boss time.

And you were hoping for two weeks, including two weekends.

And then spousal time cuts in, and you find out one of those
weekends, the first one, last weekend, was really "tile laying time"
or "new curtain rods time".

Sorry to say I'll miss the meeting and Reini's talk.  (I had wanted
to mutter 'LLVM' at an appropriate moment and get pelted with pizza crusts.)

Regarding the YAPC planning, sign me up for anything that doesn't
require intelligence or preparedness.  :-)

Tom

--
I'm a pessimist about probabilities; I'm an optimist about possibilities.
     Lewis Mumford  (1895-1990)