APM: Meeting Report

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 09:34:02 PDT 2012

I think you bring up the point of distinction I was working on in a round about way.

it is one thing for somebody to come to APM and say they have a project and they're looking for individual help. I am not addressing this in any way, form, or fashion.

The flip side is what can APM do to --promote perl-- by initiating, executing, planning, participating, etc. in activities in which perl may be used? They should be non-commercial in that APM is not supporting or promoting a business. That's not what PM is about, at least it wasn't way back in the 90's when the movement was started. Perhaps it's morphed (I hope not). I have my own interests, ideas, and goals (e.g. http://confusionresearchcenter.org/Projects/) that drive what level of activity I'm willing to give. The two primary points being STEM related (and commercial coding skills is only peripheral to this) hands-on activity and it being related to some real world issue or problem (and my range of interests there are much wider than simply one or two hard sciences, http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/1997/02/2082).

Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com
jchoate at confusionresearchcenter.org
ravage at ssz.com