APM: Meeting Report

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 13:07:26 PDT 2012

Good to hear it was well attended. I missed this one, and I'll be in Wyoming climbing for the next one unfortunately.

However, I'm curious as to what the thoughts or suggestions were for long term activities to keep interest up? Personally I'm not much inspired by passive talks.

Is there any interest in actual real world projects of one sort or another? A couple of ideas,

- A 2D scroller zombie game

- Core War implementation

---- Will Braswell <wbraswell at hush.com> wrote:
> Howdy Perl Mongers,
>
> We had a great meeting and social hour, thanks to the 14 people who joined us for pizza and beer!  We've got some new (and old) officers:
>
> Yours Truly, President
> Mark Lehmann, Vice President & Past President
> Jeremy Fluhmann, YAPC Representative
> Wayne Walker, Web Server Administrator
>
> We discussed a number of issues related to both technology in general and Austin Perl Mongers business.
>
> I gave a brief description of the Trello platform and my company's big Perl project: Trello Bot.  I have created a Trello organization for Austin Perl Mongers, and have sent Trello invitations to everyone who came to the meeting.  I will give a presentation and demo of Trello Bot at the August meeting.  Anyone interested in Trello Bot can see the following websites and contact me directly, we will be meeting for weekly pizza every Tuesday evening at my office.
>
> https://trello.com/board/trello-bot-development/4fd03104949bc7a12262d006
>
> Don't have a Trello account yet?  Create one and join the Austin Perl Mongers organization!
>
> https://trello.com/austinperlmongers
>
> For now we will continue meeting on the 4th Wednesday of each month, so the next meeting will be on August 22nd from 8-10pm.  VP Lehmann will contact Genuine Joe's and Mangia's to see which will better serve our needs.
>
> Jeremy Fluhmann knows quite a bit about the YAPC project, so he'll act as our primary point of contact there.
>
> I will work with Wayne Walker to get the Austin.pm website updated.
>
> I'm excited about the revitalization of Austin Perl Mongers, and I look forward to working with all of you to expand our Perl'ishness and have some fun!
>
> Thanks,
> ~ Will Braswell, AES CTO & Austin.pm President

 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com
jchoate at confusionresearchcenter.org