APM: YAPC 2013 in Austin

Todd Rinaldo toddr at cpanel.net
Mon Jul 23 14:29:48 PDT 2012

On Jul 23, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Tim McDaniel wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Thomas L. Shinnick <tshinnic at prismnet.com> wrote:
>> At 03:25 PM 7/23/2012, Tim McDaniel wrote:
>>> What's a YAPC?
>>
>> You forgot the smiley?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAPC
>
> Not in the slightest.  I got the definition off the Perl Foundation
> Web page.
>
> Let me expand it: what is YAPC Like?  What kinds of topics are there?
> How long does it tend to be?  What sorts of activities are there?
> Et cetera.

This year's schedule: http://act.yapcna.org/2012/schedule

These are some of the talks that have been posted so far: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3043A69A50321D26

In addition to talks there are full day classes before and after the conference, hackathons, and nightly activities with ample opportunity to get to know perl developers from around the world.

Hope that helps,
Todd