APM: Configuring Perl

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 13 13:23:02 PDT 2010

I'm running ./Configure in preparation for building perl.
/etc/redhat-release is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3
(Tikanga).

I'm inclined to just accept the defaults for everything (except I did
"./Configure -Dprefix=/opt/perl/perl-5.10.1" so that it has its own
playpen).  But I'm uncertain about threading support and multiplicity.
The defaults are "n"; should I select either or both?  If I want code
to run under Apache, maybe using mod_perl, should the answers change?

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com