APM: Pearl Developer Opportunity

Rush, Anna arush at teksystems.com
Wed Oct 22 07:19:10 PDT 2008

Hello All!

My name is Anna Rush and I am a Technical Recruiter with TEKsystems and
I specialize in various levels of Application opportunities within the
greater Austin area. I spoke with a few members of the Perl User Group
about Perl Development opportunities with TEKsystems today. I have
included a description for of an opportunity that we are currently
hiring for. Please feel free to call or email me if you are interested
in this position or would like to hear about other opportunities.

Senior Perl Developer/Tester Job Description:

TEKsystems client is looking for an advanced Perl developer with strong
SQL skills for the Database Quality Assurance group. Must have advanced
Perl and strong SQL skills on both Windows and Linux. This job involves
both QA tool crafting and QA testing, so experience with the QA process
is also highly valued.

Responsibilities include:
- Own and extend our major Perl-based SQL test harness. This includes
extending the harness as well as adding test suites/cases, triaging the
test results and debugging all harness or test case problems.
- Migrate our Ant, Batch and Bash scripts into Perl scripts and modules.
- Implement Perl-based logic to scan raw test results, produce run
summaries and then use the summaries to generate running charts/reports.
- Implement Perl-based logic to extend our TWiki and Apache/Perl
facilities.
- Implement Perl-based post-install logic for our Linux platform
deployment facilities.
- Implement Perl-based logic to manage VMs running under VMware hosts.
- Help other people learn to write Perl-based automation scripts and run
summarizes for new test harnesses.

Candidate should be able to discuss, document and demonstrate Perl
skills in most of the following areas:
- Performing a wide variety of database operations
- Performing advanced registry operations on Windows
- Spawning/invoking complex processes, sometimes using impersonation,
while capturing all stdout and stderr
- Creating, using and troubleshooting complex Perl Modules
- Creating, using and troubleshooting complex RegEx expressions
- Writing highly portable Perl code to run on Windows and Linux
- Consuming and emitting XML using XML: Simple or XML:Twig
- Parsing complex, irregular textual content from raw test results files
and converting them into highly structured, deeply nested
hashes-of-hashes or XML DOM objects
- Generating/Updating RSS headlines and articles
- Converting normal Perl applications into CGI-BIN or MODPERL
applications running under Apache

The candidate must know SQL well enough to write and troubleshoot SQL
test cases from scratch. They must also be familiar with the QA process,
the software development life cycle and at least one major bug tracking
system.

Required Skills:

*	PERL
*	SQL
*	QA
*	XML

Kind Regards,

Anna Rush Technical Recruiter
12331 Riata Trace Pkwy Suite 200 Austin, TX 78727
800.598.5877  T 512.249.4935
F 512.249.4990  M 512.249.4900

  <http://www.teksystems.com/>

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.