APM: problems with BackupPC

lists at chrisbaker.net lists at chrisbaker.net
Fri Jun 20 14:28:15 PDT 2008

I am working with a program called BackupPC. It has a lot of PERL scripts.
 I am on Fedora Core 8. I know that Apache is working because I get the
Apache test page in the web browser.

When I try to access this site: <server/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin>, I get

> Error: Unable to read config.pl or language strings!!
>
> Note: $ENV{REMOTE_USER} is not set, which could mean there is an
> installation problem. BackupPC_Admin expects Apache to authenticate the
> user and pass their user name into this script as the REMOTE_USER
> environment variable. See the documentation.

Permissions seem to be okay. I am trying best I can to duplicate a working
 installation of BackupPC.