APM: Greetings!

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Tue Oct 24 17:16:06 PDT 2006

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Austin in advance.  I recognized your name from the
Perl 6 lists.  Perhaps at some point you could be persuaded to
tell us your thoughts on Perl 6?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:00:13PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> Hello  there!  I'm a long-time perl programmer and I'm going to be moving to
> the Austin area in December. I just wanted to say "Hi" and that I'll be
> coming to the meetings whenever I get a chance.  What does Austion PM
> typically do?  Anything interesting or fun going on?  Is there a topic for
> the next meeting?

We usually eat dinner somewhere, then move on to the meeting.
There is usually a presentation, but we occasionally do a group
problem solving session-type-thing.  Sometimes we go out for
drinks and milkshakes after the meeting.

> BTW, in the "About Us" section of the web site it says that the meetings are
> every 3rd Wednesday, but in the "Location" section it says every 2nd
> Wednesday.  I assume from the date of the last meeting that it's the 2nd
> Wednesday that is correct.

Yep, 2nd.  I forgot to change the about page.  Hope to see you
at the meetings.

    - Ian.

--
"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky.