APM: How to psudo-array: $a$b ???

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Oct 24 08:21:44 PDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, CaptNemo <CaptNemo at Austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Meaning, is there a way to make an array WITHOUT using an array
> variable:

You could kludge together a method with "eval", but it would be so
clumsy and hard to read that I think it would be fairly painful.
Further, arrays are so easy to use that I don't see any pont.

> 	...but I really didn't want to use an @array variable (I'm
> having trouble with param() with array variables).

What's "param()"?
     perldoc -f param
does not show that Perl has a built-in function named "param".

I suggest you describe in detail what your troubles are, perhaps with
a code fragment that you've edited down and run to demonstrate it.
That way, you can understand the built-in language features and do it
the convenient way.  If you're having problems passing multiple arrays
as sub parameters: it's a common problem and we can help.

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com