APM: Perl Position

Sonali Nimbagiri sonali at technozant.com
Fri May 19 10:06:34 PDT 2006

Hello,

We are an organization that represents a select group of companies that use us to identify, separate, isolate, and weed out top talent throughout Texas.

One of our clients in Austin is looking to hire couple of senior perl programmers. These are contract to hire positions and below given is the job description. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in this position or if you can refer someone you know.

Thanks
Sonali
Technozant
773-693-0147
sonali at technozant.com
www.technozant.com

Our client is looking for an experienced Perl programmer to maintain and develop software for our high availability, high traffic web applications.  If you are a Senior level Engineer with a “do-what-it-takes” attitude, and you thrive on making a difference then this is the place for you.

Based in Austin, Texas, Our client supports and develops full-service shipping technologies for Fortune 100 companies, and major European carriers.  This position will give you the opportunity to work closely with our local development team as well as with other groups in the US and Europe.  We combine the advantages of a dynamic, high-energy start-up environment in a small team locally with the perks of a large multi-national parent corporation with financial stability and great employee benefits.

Your key responsibilities will include:

·         Designing and developing software used by thousands of users a day according to functional and technical design specifications

·         Maintaining software currently used by major corporations and carriers

·         Working closely with various teams- business, QA, operations, development to design and develop new products

·         Brainstorming with other brilliant people to change the future of online shipping

·         Enjoying your job and having fun at work

Skills required:

·         3-5 years programming experience with an emphasis on web based applications

·         Advanced knowledge of  Perl combined with strong  Javascript experience

·         Familiarity with Unix/Linux environment and SQL

·         Solid, demonstrated problem solving skills

·         Excellent written and verbal communication skills

·         The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment

·         Must have a strong work ethic and be a fast learner/self starter

Experience desired:

·         Some Java is desirable but not required

·         Some experience/familiarity with Mason or emb Perl

·         Knowledge of XML technologies/languages and APIs for processing XML

·         Knowledge of client technologies including XHTML/CSS

·         Experience with Apache/Tomcat, mod_perl, CVS, AJAX

·         Some project lead experience highly desired

What we offer to our employees:

·         Competitive compensation including base salary and bonus potential

·         Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance

·         401(k) plan with generous matching and no vesting requirement

·         Dynamic, cohesive work environment with people who enjoy working with each other

·         Small startup company environment plus a stable, profitable parent company

·         Opportunity to work with diverse group of people in Europe as well as the US

·         Convenient nearly downtown office

·         Free breakfast tacos every Friday!

Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.

Must be eligible for employment in the United States as a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Local candidates strongly preferred although relocation can be considered for the perfect candidate.