APM: I am looking for an OO Perl Developer!
mjacobsen at vadoinc.com
Fri Aug 4 17:11:39 PDT 2006
Hello again Perl Mongers!
My name is Michelle Jacobsen. I am a Technical Recruiter working for a
company called Vado. We specialize in placing IT & Engineering
We have a client in Austin who is looking for an OO Perl Developer. It
is a long term contract position (18 months). Back in October 2005, it
was this Austin Perl Mongers site that led me to an excellent candidate.
I am hoping I can find someone again this time. :-) My client is
looking for another developer.
Here is the job description:
Our client is looking for a senior developer with experience writing
production-quality Perl. Expert in Object-Oriented programming. Deep
knowledge of programming practices as indicated by experience with
low-level languages, such as C and C++, IPC, distributed computing, data
structures, algorithms, version control. Must be able to work
independently with minimal direction, self-starter, takes initiative.
Our client is deploying their grid processing technology throughout the
company utilizing thousands of servers. They have a need for a highly
motivated; clear thinking, accomplished Senior Software Engineer. Will
be a key contributor in designing, implementing, and enhancing a
- Senior developer with 5 or more years of experience.
- Works independently; focused on product completion and delivery.
- Capable of converting customer requirements into software design into
- Excellent communication skills; can work well on a team as a
- Object-oriented programming are required; proficiency with procedural
or structured are desirable.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Strong perl, apache/mod_perl, rdbms, sql, oracle; prefer experience
with high-level and low-level languages.
- Working knowledge of UNIX development environments is required,
especially Solaris and Linux; including basic Unix shells, make, version
control, compilers, interpreters.
- Familiarity with some of the following is highly desirable: databases,
embedded, relational, object-oriented; distributed computing, network
programming, IPC; grid computing, cluster computing.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals desirable.
CORBA, TCP/IP; Web, HTML, HTTP; LSF, Condor.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills are
required, as this person will be working with several cross-function
Minimum Education: BS in CS or EE
Please send resumes to mjacobsen at vadoinc.com or feel free to call me
directly at (925) 824-3311.
I look forward to hearing with you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Austin