APM: October Meeting: Website Update, Room Confirmation, Speaker Confirm

Michael Parker parkerm at pobox.com
Mon Oct 4 12:21:03 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:57:22AM -0500, David Bluestein II wrote:

> 2) Sam (I think), can you update the website with the information for Oct? Did you get a blurb on Spamassassin with a little bit of topic/presenter details?

No he doesn't.  I've been remiss in sending, here is a brief

A short (30 mins or so) introduction to SpamAssassin followed by a
shakedown of my ApacheCon presentation (approx 60 mins):
"With the release of SpamAssassin 3.0.0 virtually all user specific
data (preferences, AWL and bayes) can be stored in a SQL
database. This session will cover basic setup, usage and maintenance
of storing data in a SQL database as well as some convenient tools to
help. In addition, there will be some discussion about the development
process and design along with future directions of the SQL based
storage for SpamAssassin."

Presenter details:

Michael Parker is a SpamAssassin developer and member of the
SpamAssassin PMC. He has been involved, mostly as a lurker, in open
source projects for the last 10 years. His primary SpamAssassin focus
is on backend processes and modules with a slant towards SQL database
interfaces.

I assume the projector is available for use.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Michael