APM: Problem with DB_File and tie'd hash

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 10:36:50 CST 2004

Actually, for those of you who may be interested, the solution turned out
that DB_File only works with BDB 1.x format files, while 2.x/3.x/4.x seems
to require the BerkeleyDB module, and of course the newer Sendmail used a
later format.

And part of the confusion problem is I was using $! to get the error message
for the failed tie, and apparently a tie failure doesn't set $!, so I was
getting a cause for an error from a previous and completely unrelated
function.

Evan