APM: Site Mapping Graphing Program from November

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jan 28 13:55:54 CST 2004

I checked this out.  It looks pretty cool.

As I've mentioned in a past presentation, I have a *huge* parse::recdescent
parser definition.  I use it to document the various protocols used at work.
The problem is that it's difficult for non-programmers to read; most notably
the Visual Basic guy.  It would be very, very cool to feed GraphVis my
parser, and have it generate web based clickable documentation.  Is anyone
familiar with anything like this already in development?

I post some of my parser so that you can see what Parse::RecDescent uses:

  header    : head3data
            | head4data

  head3data : 'HEAD3,'<commit>
              dateymd ','  # date
              hdistrict ','# district
              hcounty   ','# county
              highway   ','# highway
              hbrefmark ','# beg. Ref. marker
              hdirection   # lane and roadbed
            | <error?> <reject>

  head4data : 'HEAD4,'<commit>
              comment   ','
              dmi1      ','
              timestamp ','# date
              hdistrict ','# district
              hcounty   ','# county
              highway   ','# highway
              hbrefmark ','# beg. Ref. marker
              hdirection   # lane and roadbed
            | <error?> <reject>

GraphVis wants things like the following:

digraph test123 {

        a -> b -> c;

        a -> {x y};

        b [shape=box];

        c [label="hello\nworld",color=blue,fontsize=24,

             fontname="Palatino-Italic",fontcolor=red,style=filled];

        a -> z [label="hi", weight=100];

        x -> z [label="multi-line\nlabel"];

        edge [style=dashed,color=red];

        b -> x;