APM: emacs perl mode questions

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Sun Feb 22 13:27:31 CST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:52:54AM -0600, Wayne Walker wrote:
> Bill Raty told me about emacs -r.  Thanks!

Or you can put:

(set-foreground-color "white")
(set-background-color "black")

in you .emacs file.

> Is there a way to put emacs commands in a source file so that when emacs
> opens the file for edit, emacs will excute them (e.g. cperl-mode,
> electric mode on ...)??

Don't know about executing arbitrary commands, but:

# -*- cperl -*-

will tell emacs to use cper-mode.  I believe that only works on
the first line, unless there is a #!... on the first line, in
which case it looks on the second line.  You can also set
variables, e.g.:

# -*- coding: latin-1; -*-

I don't know what all you can set in that way.  I moved over from
the "dark side" a few years ago and switched to vim, so my
previous statements may not be 100% factual.

> "Emacs is a great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit."

That statement applies to many other cults as well...

:)

	- Ian.

--
Ian Remmler         |  A monk asked Joshu, "Has a dog Buddha
ian at remmler.org     |  nature or not?"  Joshu replied, "Mu!"