APM: Installing modules locally on a shared server

Goldilox goldilox at teachnet.edb.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 29 13:50:27 CDT 2004

I did read this, and I honestly get lost many times reading these types of
documents when they assume a certain comfort level. I guess I confused myself
by trying to search for other more specific instructions (like how to add items
to the MANPATH env variable?) and do I want to do "o conf commit" if I will
always be installing modules to my local area (I don't want to mess something
else up in the process)? And I assume I would type it:
>o conf
commit
>makepl_arg

I'll see if I can do a little more research.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rhett