APM: LWP Question

Goldilox goldilox at teachnet.edb.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 17 02:01:22 CDT 2004

I recently moved a website from a shared Windows box running Activestate Perl
(unknown version) to a different shared box running:
SERVER_SOFTWARE="Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) AuthMySQL/2.20 FrontPage/4.0.4.3
PHP-CGI/0.1b"
Perl Version: 5.008
(if that helps).
I was using LWP::Simple on the Activestate box for a script - and I never
bothered to get the version number of Perl for that box, but now, on this new
Unix box, I get this error message:
Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC
(@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at updatedata.pl line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at updatedata.pl line 4.

I thought LWP was one of the standard modules installed with Perl. Am I missing
something really obvious here? And if LWP really isn't there, what's the
Internet API module most likely going to be?
Thanks for any help.
Rhett