APM: Pg.pm

Mike South msouth at shodor.org
Tue Sep 16 14:44:29 CDT 2003

>From austin-bounces at mail.pm.org  Tue Sep 16 14:18:12 2003
>From: "Tom Bakken" <tom.bakken at tx.usda.gov>
[snip]

>Philip Molter thought I should recompile.  Now that I've succeeded and I
>still get the same error, I'm.  Stumped.  When I run make test, I do get an
>error: Pg::connectdb.....not ok: connectDB() == connect() failed: Connection
>refused because it's trying to connect to postgres on the local server when
>I've moved it over to another.  I wouldn't thing that would be a problem.
>I've googled the error and found a number of posts there I'm looking into.

Actually if you are getting that you might, theoretically, be done--the
"make test" won't succeed because it needs a server running on
localhost to succeed, but if you just do the "make install" and
set up a script to connect to the right machine it would work.

You might be able to look in the t/ directory (I think that's where
the tests would be) and see where it connects to the database and
set the parameters to point to the server on the other machine.  Or
you might be able to set (more) environment variables before you do the
"make test" that set the database host and port (I can't remember if
Postgres looks in the env. for those parameters or not).

I'm out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that if you got

    error: Pg::connectdb.....not ok: connectDB() == connect() failed: Connection refused

that probably means that the extension compiled ok.

But if you are googling that you may already know all this :).

mike