APM: New To Perl

Wayne Walker wwalker at broadq.com
Mon May 12 14:42:25 CDT 2003

Get the O'Reilly book Learning Perl (two versions, get the one for
Window).

CPAN has the following modules that appear to talk to the NT Event Log,
but I think only Win32-EventLog-Message.tar.gz may read the event log
instead of write to it.

You should also check into Python.  Similar language and I think there
is more Win support modules for Python.

Log-Dispatch-Win32EventLog-0.02.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-0.02.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-0.04.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-1.00.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-1.11.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-1.20.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Carp-1.21.tar.gz
Win32-EventLog-Message.tar.gz
Win32-Girder-IEvent-0.01.tar.gz
Win32-Girder-IEvent-0.02.tar.gz
Win32-Girder-IEvent-0.03.tar.gz

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:35:20PM -0500, Kevin Killens wrote:
> I need to learn how to truncate NT event logs, move them to a central server
> and then parse them for information.  I need to both solve a problem fairly
> quickly and also to learn how to script PERL.  If there is any help someone
> can give me in this regard it would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Kevin Killens

Wayne Walker

www.broadq.com :)  Bringing digital video and audio to the living room