APM: Meeting Wed Aug 20: Test First Development
mlehmann at marklehmann.com
Sat Aug 16 13:18:24 CDT 2003
The next APM meeting is Wednesday, August 20 at 7:00 pm (ending at
Test First Development - Heath Malmstrom of DMi
Test first development is the practice of writing tests just prior to writing
methods. Topics covered will be:
- conceptual advantages of doing test first development
- Test::Unit CPAN modules,
- general xUnit Testing,
- Test Classes,
- Test Suites,
- combining Suites to test larger "enterprise" projects,
- ease of change management with tests, and
- nicety of having automated tests with your builds.
Tek Systems is on the North side of Austin and is conveniently located close
to 183. Directions to Tek Systems are at the end of this message.
Feel free to join us for dinner at Pok-e-Jo's BBQ in the Arboretum at 6:00pm.
After the meeting, a small group will be going out to socialize. The group
typically meets at B.B. Rover's, which serves food and drinks.
Here are the directions to the Tek System offices.
Directions to Tek Systems
Going North on 183:
- Take the Oak Knoll Exit.
- If you are going South on 183 take the Duvall exit and take the U turn so
that you are heading North.
- Take your First right at Riata Trace Parkway (which is before the Oak Knoll
- Take your second right at Riata Corporate Park. (You'll see a Netsolve
- IMMEDIATELY turn right again (the sign does not have our name on it) You
will be facing our building and turn left into the parking lot. Take the
elevator to the second floor, turn right. Tek Systems is at the end of the hall.
12331-1 Riata Trace Parkway, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78727
email mlehmann at marklehmann.com | phone 512 689-7705
More information about the Austin