APM: Topics for meeting

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Wed Aug 21 23:12:05 CDT 2002

Thanks Mark!

Tonight 5 of us showed up at Saba.

David Bluestein
me
Andrew Sanders
Larry Alkoff
Roy ...? (sorry I'm terrible with names)

We discussed everything from whether coffee belonged in chocolate cake,
to VMware and UML.  Even some perl.

The next meeting (Wednesday September 18th) will take place at
TekSystems, assuming there is no schedule conflict there.  Larry or I
will contact them soon.

Tentatively Andrew Sanders, or in his absence, me, will give a talk
about "Using VMware to provide safe isolated virtual hosts for
development and testing"  We'll also discuss a little bit about User
Mode Linux which is a similar technology.

As Mark said in his mail, the things people had brought up in the May?
meeting to talk about this fall were PHP, Performance Tuning, Perl
Debugger, and maybe regexes again.

I can give the middle two talks if necessary, but if people have other
things they'd like to hear, or like to present :), speak up!

As for PHP and regexes, anyone want to stand up and offer to pres3ent
those?

Mark is awfully busy, so we'll save the vim versus emacs discussion for
Q1'03 :)

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:12:44PM -0500, Mark Lehmann wrote:

> These were the topics for the Perl meetings.  We discussed the following
> ideas.
>
> PHP
> Performance Tuning using dProf Smallprof
> Perl Debugger
> Possibly a Regex discussion again
>

> --
> Mark Lehmann