[Athens-pm] Perl IM client

Alexander Karelas karjala at karjala.org
Thu May 20 12:21:06 CDT 2004

It's an IM client with which you can connect to ICQ, AIM and more at the
same time, without the bloat of the ICQ client, and you'll be able to
type and read in greek.

People building whatever kind of online communities in Greece will also
be able to offer their users to use this client, and thus display on
their webpages which users are online/offline, have jabber
username=community username (to preserve anonymity and hiding of
personal information like email, the ICQ# that they have for personal
use, etc), and allow the server send system messages to the users, like
"new reply to your forum message", "new e-mail", etc.

First step would be to make a plain text messaging IM with greek menus,
then we can add other stuff like file transfers, group chats, bold, etc.

Alex