[Asheville-pm] Head count!

sauoq@justperl.com sauoq at justperl.com
Wed Oct 26 10:14:51 PDT 2005

Welcome fellow Perl Mongers!

I see we've got 6 (!!!) users signed up on this list.

Two Daves (Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave had twenty-three sons and
named them all Dave?) The one person I've actually met, Jon. And we have
Krishna, Tony, (whoa, Romper Room flashbacks...) and myself. I'm sauoq,
sauoq is bones, and my real name is Jeremy.

I was expecting an Eric as well... hrm...

Anyway, I'm glad you all joined up. I've been using Perl for about 10 years
and I continue to enjoy it. I figure that anything you can do for 10 years
and still enjoy has something going for it... One of the things I've very
much liked about Perl is the community that has developed around the
language. My personal involvement thus far has mostly been limited to
helping out on IRC and semi-regular participation at www.perlmonks.org. I
moved to Asheville a little over a year ago and only recently started poking
around looking for a local community of technical people. (I came from the
SF Bay area where you can't make your way to the counter at Starbucks
without elbowing a sysadmin, a developer, and four project managers.) So,
when I discovered that there was no active PM chapter, I thought it was a
great opportunity to start one....

Let's see... Introductions would be cool....

By the way, I see the purpose of this list as a tool to build a local
community of people who use Perl... The keywords there listed in order of
priority would be "community", "local", and then "Perl." Of course, this
would be a great place to talk about Perl, but this is not meant to be yet
another Perl discussion forum. Feel free to talk about whatever the heck you
want to! Rule number zero is "keep it friendly" and rule number one is
"there is no rule number two." All right... now that that's out of the
way... where were we?

Oh, right... Who are you people?! :-)

Wait, wait, wait, wait... one more thing! If any of you use IRC, come /join
#asheville.pm on irc.freenode.net.

Okay... go ahead now...

-sauoq
"My two cents aren't worth a dime.";