Module: Parse::PerlConfig

corliss at alaskapm.org corliss at alaskapm.org
Sat Feb 19 15:55:57 CST 2000

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Michael Fowler wrote:

> Currently I'm calling the module Parse::PerlConfig.  I notice the Parse::
> hierarchy is taken up entirely by parser generators, and I'm beginning to
> wonder about the appropriateness of the name.  Would Config::Perl be better?
>
> Is this module of general interest?  I was thinking of uploading it as my
> first module on CPAN, and wanted to get a little feedback first.

Don't know about the name, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.  As long as
the module is unique in fuction, then they'll accept it to CPAN, and Andreas
Koenig (andreas.koenig at anima.de), one of the lead coordinators for CPAN will
make any recommendations necessary for namespace.

> I recently posted the above message to comp.lang.perl.modules and got
> absolutely -no- response.  I would appreciate any feedback, be it regarding
> the usefullness of the module itself, difficulty in understanding my
> description, anything.

Are you sure that your message made it onto the board?  I read that group, I
honestly don't recall seeing it on my end. . .

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Perl Monger/Alaska Perl Mongers
	  http://www.alaskapm.org/