Sorting Arrays

Arthur Corliss corliss at odinicfoundation.org
Wed Sep 29 11:41:43 CDT 1999

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Kevin Creason wrote:

> Thank you (Michael, Arthur, and Leif for thinking about it anyway) for the
> answers... I will start monkeying tomorrow and try to get back to the group
> with some feedback or clarification.

Looks like you've got several workable ways, but after reading Michael's, I
have to say that sorting on hash values seems to be the most effective, and
something I completely overlooked myself.  I'm so used to having to whip up
sorting algorithms myself, but the method that Perl uses for sort is *much*
faster than a generic bubble sort. . .

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/