CGI bewilderment

corliss at odinicfoundation.org corliss at odinicfoundation.org
Sun Jun 6 15:50:36 CDT 1999

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Michael Fowler wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> Running the calendar.cgi script from the command line doesn't work (did you
> just do a perl -c?).  Running the following also fails.

No, I did a ./calendar, which worked perfectly.  As per your suggestion, I did
the -c, and was told syntax was fine.  Now, what the blue blazes where you
doing?  I don't understand how we're getting different results.

Besides which, if it failed to compile, than you would get a server error from
Apache, which we're not getting.

> michael at slepnir:~> perl -MDBD::mysql -le ''
> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for
> module DBD::mysql: File not found at /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm
> line 169.
>
>  at -e line 0
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Not happening on my watch. . . :-P

> Have you upgraded or recompiled DBI recently?  If so you need to recompile all
> DBDs.  If not, try upgrading the DBD::mysql driver.  However, I'm almost
> entirely certain this is caused from upgrading or recompiling DBI but not
> recompiling the DBDs.

Nope.  The only thing new was the DBI::Logger module for Apache.  I've also
checked the permission of the path all the way down, and nothing's amiss.

[side note--I was able to duplicate your results as my user account, it
ironically works fine under the root account, which I had to be in to check
Apache's configuration]

This is annoying as hell.  It worked fine before. . .

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/