Banner/Link exchange proposal (fwd)

corliss at alaskapm.org corliss at alaskapm.org
Thu Dec 23 11:11:39 CST 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> Bugtraq, NANOG, and all the other lists I'm subscribed to (excluding this
> one and AKLUG) a total of 8, the Reply To: header points to the list.

Please.  If you bother to take a look around, you'll find a clear majority
that does just what I'm talking about, which obviously you haven't.  Every
Perl list I've been on so far is this way, as well as just about every support
list for daemons from HylaFax to others.  Do the math.

> I do not have limited experience.  You have limited understanding of
> typical list behavior.

You need to actually look at the wide variety of lists out there before you
look to your own limited experience for a statistical average.  Hell, you even
said that this issue was enough for you not to subscribe, so you're even
admitting to a certain bias and screening.  Hardly scientifically honest or
accurate.

> bye

Good riddance.

Well, folks, it looks like this thread is officially dead, and no one even
called anyone else a Nazi yet!  ;-)

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Perl Monger/Alaska Perl Mongers
	  http://www.alaskapm.org/